Monday 21 May 2012

Reality Check - After 4 weeks

I was flipping with one class of grade 9's, and the student teacher was doing traditional teaching with the other group. I gave a traditional test to both groups which I haven't yet marked. I'm anxious to find out the results, but hitting that end-of-year wall, where energy has been transferred to exam preparation and review - let's just say the sunny weather of the long weekend has slowed me down... Cheers! Maybe the second to last month of school wasn't the best time to make a change to flipping, but the enthusiasm was there, and so I had to go with my heart. I really don't know the best way to work in the classroom, I'm so used to the sage on the stage role. Guess I'll have to get some feedback from the students this week. I must be doing something wrong, since I usually have a better feel of the students' abilities when I'm up on the stage. Now that I'm in the trenches with them I feel more out of touch. Curiouser and curiouser. Meanwhile we're into review now, and though Crystal Kirch has given ideas on how to proceed with that, I think I'll have to modify the model. next week is a non-homework non-testing week, so any review I want to get them to create has to be done this week.... and it's a three-day week. I'll have to make some decisions on this... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment